Thursday, September 22, 2011

September 21 (A Day Late!)

At the time of writing, I currently have no internet connection.  My family is switching to a better connection, 6MB a second!  That is like, an INSANE amount of data for an internet connection if you are wondering.

So, while at the studio today (22nd) I had a private lesson and practice session with my partner.  I told my teacher that we (my partner and I) really need to practice a lot more, I'd say at least two more times a week.  He agrees with me, and he talked to my partner's mother earlier.  She is really busy, so it's difficult for her to find time to drive my partner to the studio very often.  Hopefully I will actually get my license on the 27th, then I can help drive my partner to the studio every night to practice.

At the lesson today we mostly reviewed things to help hone our technique.  Putting new steps into your brain doesn't help your dancing, it probably only makes it worse honestly.  You fill you mind up with steps, then you have no room for the actual technique.  Believe me, once you have a good understanding of technique, the time it takes to learn steps is probably halved.  Learn a few steps, perfect them and their technique, then move on to the next set of steps.  Rushing yourself is never good, it turns everything into a huge muddle in you brain.

Aaron Mullen:  Ballroom Dance Instructor

P.S.  Sorry if this is a little late to post, but, as I stated, we had no internet.  I'll probably be posting twice today though, so check back for my next post later today!

No comments:

Post a Comment