Friday, September 16, 2011

Kids Class

Yesterday I had the first session of my kids ballroom class.  I think it went pretty well.  I have two young girls taking the class, one of them is five, and the other is three.

I was wondering if a person of three years old was too young to have in the class.  I love the little ones, but I think I may have to raise the minimum age from three to maybe four or five.  She was just not very interested.  Maybe in a year or so she will be more interested.  I remember an hour being much longer when I was younger, so I fully understand why she had a hard time focusing.

The five-year-old girl was pretty well behaved.  She listened very intently most of the time, and I didn't have to call her attention very often.  She picked the steps up pretty fast as well.

Overall it was a good experience.  I gained some knowledge in how to teach younger children, and I decided that three-year-olds  have better things to do then listen to me for an hour.

I also had my Swing class which no one attended, other than my parents of course.  They don't exactly count as students though, so if anyone reading this could attend, I would greatly appreciate it.  Check the calendar at:  http://aaronballroom.webs.com/apps/calendar/ to find the time of the Swing class, as well as my kids class.

Thank you,

Aaron Mullen:  Ballroom Dance Instructor

No comments:

Post a Comment