Thursday, September 8, 2011

My New Blog

Hello, my name is Aaron Mullen,

I am a ballroom dancer of five years.  As a recent graduate I am looking for avenues to turn my passion of ballroom dancing into a lifetime career.

Why do I enjoy Ballroom Dancing so much you may ask?  Well my friend, other then the obvious benefit of exercise, there are several other major reasons why ballroom has captivated myself and so many others.

First, ballroom has a certain flow to it which makes it very enjoyable to execute, as well as a joy to watch.  Each step must flow into the next to ensure the best distance and balance.

Second, there is the social aspect.  Ballroom can be used in many social situations such as dances, weddings, and other social gatherings.  Ballroom can also be a great talking point for those who have never ballroom danced.

Third, there is the bond that forms between your partner and yourself.  If you dance frequently, (and if you can find someone who you can stand, and someone who can stand you), you will most likely become good friends with your partner, and a friendship will form which will last a lifetime.  Not only this, but you will be able to share the experience of Ballroom Dancing with another, unlike many other forms of dancing, which may require you to dance in a group, but without a partner.  In my opinion, a large part of Ballroom is the person you are dancing with; if you dislike her/him, you should find a new partner.

There are many other positive aspects to Ballroom Dancing, but these are probably the three biggest reasons why I love Ballroom Dancing.

I will be sharing my thoughts on my ballroom experiences here, so check back in regularly to see how thigs are doing.

Thank you,

Aaron Mullen:  Ballroom Dance Instructor.

No comments:

Post a Comment