Monday, September 19, 2011

September 19

If I haven't said already, I go to the studio every night to help my teacher with classes, and to learn how to teach ballroom from him.  Tonight I was learning some Salsa.  It's definitely not my favorite dance, but it's kinda fun.  It is very loose and relaxed, unlike the Smooth dances which my partner and I specialize in.

I'm wondering if I can get any footage of the competition my partner and I attended yesterday.  Our friend was there, and she took some footage of all the people from our studio dancing.

I also talked to my dance teacher today.  He was definitely not as unhappy about our not-so-great performance yesterday.  He said we danced fine, but it just didn't look as good as it should have because of our frame.  I guess he was just a little bit flustered in all the excitement yesterday.  I feel kinda bad though, like we let him down.  He really wants us to succeed, and I really want to give him the satisfaction of seeing us succeed soon.  At least we didn't fail!

I hope we can fix a lot of problems at our class this Wednesday!

I also hope that my partner and I can get at least one more practice in each week.  My partner's mom is very busy, and so is her dad, and they can't drive her out to the studio too often.  She is only fourteen, so she can't drive herself to the studio.  Maybe when I get my license on the 27th of September I can help drive her to the studio for extra practices.  I failed the first time because I backed into a guardrail!  All because my dumb car has a huge hump on the back which blocks my field of vision.

Ugh.  I guess that's life.  All this crazy stuff going on all the time, and I just have to deal with it.

Aaron Mullen:  Ballroom Dance Instructor

No comments:

Post a Comment