Sunday, September 18, 2011

Dance Competition!

My partner and I participated in a ballroom Dance competition today.  The competition was in Glastonbury, if you know where that is.  Not many people were there, just the regulars from my dance studio and some others whom I have seen around at other competitions.

It was fun, yet at the same time it was disappointing.  I was hoping we would do better, but at least we got first in two events out of the ten in which we participated.  Something I learnt today was that Waltz is definitely our best dance, and that my worries about our frame are well founded.  I had been asking my teacher if my posture was good, but he basically told me it was fine and started working on other things, despite my worries.  But today he got angry at me for not holding my frame properly, although I had been the one to ask him about my frame a while back.

Ah, so much drama.

So, that was my experience today.  Kind of a crazy roller coaster ride of doom.

So the moral of this story?  Remember kids, your frame is VERY important.  Make sure you have that down before you work on anything else.  It will help your balance and your connection to your partner a lot.

Aaron Mullen:  Ballroom Dance Instructor

No comments:

Post a Comment