Saturday, August 18, 2012

Why do I love ballroom?

There are many reasons as to why I love to Ballroom Dance.
     The first of many reasons is that I greatly enjoy the social aspect of Ballroom.  It is true, I rarely dance 'socially' in a party situation, but there is indeed a very social aspect to competitive dancing.  There is something very special about dancing with a partner.  A special bond forms between partners.  Sometimes it can be purely professional, but oftentimes it can flourish into a close friendship.  It's so nice to know that you don't have to go it alone, and that you are sharing all your experiences with another!  Its so much fun to remember times and competitions past!
     Second, I enjoy how I can use Ballroom as an avenue to improved myself as a human being.  By teaching ballroom, I have gained the ability to speak confidently in front of a crowd.  Also, I find that in one-on-one conversations I speak and think quicker on my toes.  I find it has also helped me be more responsible.  Having to be at the studio every night is a big responsibility!  And of course, I am also improving my own skills as a ballroom dancer. I know that there are many times in sports, people will compete for personal glory, or so they can best other people, but I find that my purpose to compete is purely to become better as a dancer, to better myself.
     I also greatly enjoy helping others learn to Ballroom Dance.  It is a pure joy to watch others learn from me and excel!  To watch them grow from a timid and unsure dancer into a confident and outgoing dancer is a wonder to behold!
     Ballroom Dancing is a wonderful experience.  Whether you dance socially or not is entirely up to you, but I am certain that either way you will have the time of your life!

Why do you love Ballroom?  Did I hit the nail on the head?  Or do you have other reasons as well?  Let us know in the comments below!

-Aaron Mullen

1 comment:

  1. I love ballroom dancing mainly because it’s fun. But as you go along, you’ll discover more benefits than you had expected. Aside from being a hobby that keeps you physically fit, ballroom dancing helps build self-confidence and social skills.

    ReplyDelete