Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Monday: American Foxtrot and Cha Cha

So yesterday at the studio we did American Foxtrot.  Boy do I ever dislike that dance.  It's like a wannabe International Foxtrot.  It just doesn't work.  Every time you close your feet you lose the flow and momentum of the dance.  I'm sorry if you really enjoy it, it really just isn't a very nicely put together dance.

Afterwards though, I got to teach Cha Cha for a bit.  I think I made the mistake of going through the whole step at once instead of breaking it down into a few steps at a time.  It generally is a good idea to break it down into separate parts first unless you are certain that the class has done it before and know it well.

In other news, I am looking at redesigning this blog a bit.  Everything is kind of out of place, so I want to organize it a bit.

-Aaron Mullen

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, American fox feels so clunky. I see why people want to learn it, as it's much easier than International, but it just doesn't flow nearly as well.

    ReplyDelete