Saturday, August 4, 2012

Dancesport in the Olympics

I received an e-mail I from USA Dance about Dancesport in the Olympics, in which it stated that DanceSport is near becoming an Olympic Sport.  It also stated that next year the Olympic-affiliated World Games will again include DanceSport dances.


Interesting, but I'm not really sure how much this really has to do with Ballroom becoming an Olympic sport.  I believe they have an extremely optimistic outlook on this, and I somehow think it won't be happening as early as they might make it out to be.  Of course, I may be completely wrong.  Only time will tell.


There was also a video link sent with the e-mail which is I belive entitled, "The Olympic Dream".  It's really nothing special, but you can watch it below if you like:







Hopefully this Olympic dream happens soon!


-Aaron Mullen

No comments:

Post a Comment