Monday, July 30, 2012

International and American

To the inexperienced dancer, the terms International, American, Smooth, Standard, Latin, and Rhythm can be extremely confusing.  Today I will attempt to clear up some of that confusion by specifying the difference between the International and American Styles of dance.

Simply put, American style dances are more for social occasions, although American is used in competition, while the International dances are far more structured and geared towards competition.

I will get into the differences in much more detail later today hopefully, then I will list the differences between the divisions within the American and International styles .

Off to dance in a few.  Working on more Foxtrot and Rumba.  Usually Mondays aren't too busy.  I like Mondays at the studio, it is usually very relaxed and not a lot of people.  I like peace and quiet sometimes.

Hope to post those differences later tonight!

-Aaron Mullen

No comments:

Post a Comment