Sunday, July 29, 2012

A Productive Visit

I forget if I mentioned this.  As you may know, I am an avid International Standard style dancer, but recently I have started working on my International Latin dance moves.  If you are unsure of what this means, basically I used to specialize in dances like the Waltz and Foxtrot, but now I am branching into the Latin dances, such as Rumba or Cha Cha.  I believe it is going well.  I have always been pretty decent at rotating my hips, so it seems a bit easier to me than Standard dances.

About a two weeks ago, a very accomplished dancer and teacher visited my studio.  He was a former Ukrainian 10-dance champion, which, if you didn't know, means he danced all the Latin and Standard dances, and he was the best overall in the country.  Pretty darned neat, huh?  Not only this, but he supposedly taught some of the pros on Dancing with the Stars.  Quite a good resume if you ask me.  He taught me Latin!  He is an excellent teacher, and a very good dancer.  He got me doing some difficult stuff very quickly.  Perhaps I can aspire to be like him one day.

-Aaron Mullen

No comments:

Post a Comment