Thursday, October 6, 2011

Hello all,

Well, today I had a semi-private class with my parents and another couple.  It was fun.  I like to work on technique a lot, so I don't like group classes as much.  I also have a quieter voice, so it's also difficult for me to teach group classes because of that.  Anyways, we got a bit of technique in the Waltz and the Samba down.  The Whisk was a larger problem.  The man must have both his feet pointing diagonal wall, while the lady must have both her feet pointing diagonal center when they open for promenade.

Some of them were pointing their legs in two directions, so it made the step work wrong.  But I fixed it, so now it works like it should.

This week I have also been dancing in my new pair of Ballroom Dance shoes.  It is SO nice to not slip and slide everywhere.  Now I have so much more control over my feet.

That has been my week.  If I didn't say already, I found a partner for one of my young students, (actually, she used to be my only student) and they are coming along well.

Aaron Mullen:  Ballroom Dance Instructor

No comments:

Post a Comment