Friday, October 18, 2013

Teaching at Parks & Recs

Just a little update about myself.

I've just recently started teaching a few group classes at parks and recreation departments in my area.  So far its going well.  The people are all enjoying themselves.  One thing I have realized is how difficult it is to manage time during class.  The problem is the large difference in skill levels of the students.  Some require a lot of time and attention, while others require less.  As a teacher, I would like to give everyone equal time, but that isn't always possible like I said, everyone has different needs.

I found a good way to make time for everyone.  You have what I would like to call 'practice time' during class, and during this time, you make everyone practice a specific figure individually, and then you walk around fixing issues and giving out encouragement.

It's been interesting, and I hope I can continue teaching far into the future!

-Aaron Mullen

No comments:

Post a Comment